Monday, August 12, 2013

Buff's Your Belly


Anyone who has made a trip to the Rio Grande Valley knows one bird to look for is the Buff Bellied Hummingbird.  It is worth the trip if that’s all you see—but it won’t be.  There is plenty to see and a great number of spots to bird.

Most of us know the few species of hummers that visit our own neck of the woods.  I do everything possible to attract them to my yard.  I’ve gardened to that end, planting xerophytes and native plants over my plot.  I’ve placed three feeders of various types and capacities as well.  One must also provide cover, places where the birds can safely hide and watch their favorite feeder.

Yet, when I go to the valley, I want to see the Buff Belly.  The first time I was so amazed that I sat with my camera in my lap just watching.  Never did take a photograph.  This trip I vowed to get at least one good photograph, and I share it with you.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home