Thursday, March 22, 2012

400


I went looking for Golden Cheeked Warblers which had been reported in St. Edwards  Park west of Austin, TX.  I may have heard them but no luck in seeing them.  Plenty of White Eyed Vireos calling, Northern Cardinals, Tufted Titmice, and Carolina Chickadees.  Down by the creek I got a very good look at three different Spotted Towhees and a Carolina Wren.  But the bird of the day is the Tennessee Warbler.  My view was mostly straight up as he was high in the trees.  Flitting around, he look like he might be a vireo and my first thought was a Red Eye.  No, he was grayish brownish or slightly greenish above and almost snow white below, forked tail and a washed out eye stripe, no wing bars.  This Tennessee Warbler is number 400 on my life list!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home