Saturday, October 22, 2011

Fall and Confusion


One of the best aspects of birding is the interplay between fellow birders.  We are a collegial and amiable lot.  True.  Yet, we don’t always agree.  Hence, we engage in good natured discussion.  More often than not it is over the identification of a species of bird rather than habitat or venue.  Fall Warblers provide copious opportunity to both be so engaged and to hone our skills.

Photograph by Bill Ravenscroft


Case in point is the bird depicted in this photograph.  I suppose I could leave it unidentified and see what response I would get. I’ll tell you there has already been considerable discussion via email from friends from within the state and from coast to Middle America.  We have consensus, but I think I will let you all make comment for a while.  It will be interesting to see what kind of response this effort produces.

The floor is open for discussion.  Or you could click on the photograph and select properties and see how we've identified it.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home