Thursday, April 29, 2010

Pecan Grove

April 28, 2010
Waco, TX

I came to Waco yesterday for a meeting and decided that before I left for home I would go visit the Pecan Grove at the Soccer Fields. The Eastern Bluebirds were plentiful and I was able to see both the male and female Summer Tanager. However, the best bird of the day was a female Northern Oriole. My list of birds is below.

Black Vulture 4
Great Blue Heron (overhead) 1
European Starling 7
Mourning Dove 5
Eastern Bluebird 14
Summer Tanager 3
Northern Cardinal 5
Great Crested Flycatcher 1 and heard several more
Yellow Rumped “Myrtle” Warbler 4
Red Bellied Woodpecker 3
Downy Woodpecker 2
Northern “Baltimore” Oriole 1
House Finch 2
Turkey Vulture 1
Common Grackle 3
Great Tailed Grackle 5
Brown Headed Cowbird 4
Carolina Chickadee 1
American Crow 3
Scissortail Flycatcher 1

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home