Thursday, March 20, 2008

Cameron Park, Waco, TX, Riverside Trail

March 20, 2008
Cameron Park, 8:30 AM-10:30 AM, 46F-63F, Cool, Sunny, Clear Skies.
Starting at the Redwood Shelter, I moved up the river and followed the Riverside Trail to Circle Point and then returned. Eighteen Species were observed. I was able to sight a Brown Creeper by serendipity. He walked, or should I say crept, into my field of view while I was observing a Yellow-rumped Warbler in a Cottonwood. Ruby-crowned Kinglets were abundant along the trail. Downy Woodpeckers, a mating pair, I think, presented on the trail. Further down the trail I heard White-eyed Vireos calling, but was finally able to see one about 10:00 in the undergrowth at water’s edge near my point of turn around. My walked ended with viewing two pair of Wood Ducks on the river. A complete list is below.

Great-tailed Grackles
Common Grackles
Whit-winged Dove
Tufted Titmouse
Northern Cardinal
Carolina Chickadee
Muscovy Duck
Yellow-rumped Warbler
Brown Creeper
Red-bellied Woodpecker
White-eyed Vireo
Ruby-crowned Kinglet
Carolina Wren
Downy Woodpecker
Turkey Vulture
Ring-billed Gull
Wood Duck
White-throated Sparrow

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home